Thursday, May 22, 2008

My Journey Around Fruitvale


If I compare my experiences in Fruitvale to my experiences in Walnut Creek I would definitely say that interviewing people in Fruitvale was way harder. This time it was harder because here in Fruitvale there were lots of people but many of this people dint want to cooperate with us. Some did but when they saw the recorder they would back off.
Something new I learned about the Fruitvale community was that if you would like to go around and interview people you need to contact the Fruitvale management a day in advance. This really sucked because in the Fruitvale plaza was were a lot of people we could have interviewed.
Some positive things I liked about Fruitvale Village were that there was a lot of diversity. We could have interviewed different kind of people if we were allowed to after all. About Fruitvale in general I like that there is tons of different places and shops we could visit.
Some negative aspects that I didn’t like about Fruitvale were that there were a lot of homeless people and many of them if not all of them were drunk and that aspect makes the community look bad.
What I learned about my topic in Fruitvale was that many people don’t like the fact that there is a lot of tagging around graffiti. But some of this same people commented that they like some of the graffiti around town. For example Pete Villasenor one of the librarians said that some teens should get paid to create murals around town. “Graffiti is art.”

No comments: