Friday, May 30, 2008

My Trip to Rockridge


On my trip around Rockridge I learned that not Oakland is the same. Rockridge is a nice place if I didn’t know it was Oakland maybe I would have thought it was a different city. Rockridge is a place were there are a lot of retail stores really expensive by the way. I liked that there was a lot of people, it seems like a really united community, and it looked pretty save although a lady we interviewed said there was a lot of crime.
Before we got there I thought we were going to get a lot of interviews and that it was going to be easy to go up to them and ask them if they could be interviewed but it wasn’t. My group got rejected more than teen times. Some people said they didn’t have time and others just didn’t want to.
Some differences I saw between Rockridge and Fruitvale was that in Rockridge was that in Rockridge there is a lot of Farmer Markets here in Fruitvale the closest one would be in Macarthur avenue and people own cars like BMWs . Also in Rockridge in my opinion the majority of people were white. Some similarities I saw between these two places were that these two places have a lot of retail stores and little shops. In Rockridge there were tons of shop in every block and here in Fruitvale there is quite a lot of shops as well especially in International boulevard and in Fruitvale village.

No comments: