Wednesday, May 28, 2008

My trip To Chinatown

Yesterday May 27 2008 we took a trip to Chinatown here in Oakland. It was the first time I went to that part of the town. Chinatown has a lot of places to walk around and see the different kinds of shops. While walking around we saw over ten stores that sold groceries, stores that had the carts outside full of fruits and vegetables. Some vegetables I had never seen before. Before I went there I predicted that there weren’t going to be a lot of diversity but once we got there I saw all kinds of people, I was surprised.
Some differences I saw between Chinatown and Fruitvale were that here in Fruitvale there was a lot of Latinos compared to Chinatown were the majority of people were Chinese. Like I said before I was surprised that besides Chinese there were lots of white people most of them being some kind of business men because they were all dressed very professional and look really busy.
Some similarities I noticed between Fruitvale and Chinatown were that both have very busy streets. There were tons of cars in the street and parked all over. As well as Fruitvale there were lots of people walking in the sidewalks shopping in the little marts and looked like they were having fun. Almost every store we went into had music and I noticed the same thing the day we were walking around Fruitvale.

No comments: