Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Castro District of San Francisco


Walking around the Castro district in San Francisco was a little different then walking around somewhere else. I saw something’s I have never even heard of here around Oakland. The Castro district is very well known for people who are gay. People in the Castro district walk around with their partners and kiss in the street and no body comment it because it is a normal thing for them in their community. Once you enter the Castro district you will know it because there are rainbow flags everywhere you turn around and look. This flag is like a symbol to them. People over there were very nice people we went into several business and they treated us real nice, when they preferred not to give us an interview they would apologize. While doing some of the interviews we were assigned we got into to a store that seemed like a regular store but once we got the we were asked if we were adults, to me that was a weird question because never in a store they had asked me my age but then the man told us that we had to get out because it was an adult I have never heard of adult stores, but now I now what they are. In San Francisco the transportation is different that here in Oakland they have muni's they run with electricity.

No comments: